taxidermy & outdoors forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
taxidermy & outdoors forum

Taxidermy talk, hunting and fishing talk

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My 'Collegiate' Trapline

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jacktheknife

My 'Collegiate' Trapline Empty
PostSubject: My 'Collegiate' Trapline   My 'Collegiate' Trapline EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 2:58 am

“ My Collegiate Trap line.”

Boys, trapping is more than a great source of exercise and adventure. It is a great skill to have. It will help you be a better,
if a little stranger person. It will help you put food on the table and provide security for your home and your family.
When I was a music major at the University of Texas at Austin in the early 70s.
I studied music theory and applied piano.
Times were tough monetarily, and besides learning how to make my own pizzas from scratch...
I was tired of studying one day and decided to take a walk down to the park. I was strolling along looking at the giant pecan trees and enjoying the fall weather. I couldn’t help but notice that there were at least two dozen squirrels out picking up nuts and storing them for the winter.
An idea came to me and since I was a trapper and had learned my craft well,
I went home and got two #1 ˝ coil springs and went back to the park. After picking up a gallon of pecans and cracking them so as to make an irresistible offering. I set a coil and put a handful of pecans under and on the pan. And just went over and sat down and watched the trap. It was all of five minutes till a squirrel came over and was messing around my trap and pop! Hmmm! Hmmm! Hmmm! I had a squirrel! One or two more and I pulled my line and went home carrying the squirrels in a sack so as not to alarm the locals. I went back to my apartment and skinned and grilled the squirrels over a fire.
And they were not tough but really good eating!
And for free!

Jacksknifeshop.tripod.com
J. Knife
Back to top Go down

My 'Collegiate' Trapline
Page 1 of 1