taxidermy & outdoors forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
taxidermy & outdoors forum

Taxidermy talk, hunting and fishing talk

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trappers Philosophy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jacktheknife

Trappers Philosophy Empty
PostSubject: Trappers Philosophy   Trappers Philosophy EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 1:49 am

“College days at the University of Texas at Austin

I loved to study piano.
To learn, study and play the classics.
Bach, Mozart, and Chopin was so profound. Any part of playing the piano like scales, chords, right and left hand separately, I never got tired of it. I can remember thinking that all I wanted in the world was an apartment with a place for a little garden,
and two or three hundred dollars a month,
and a piano and I would never leave music school ever! One day I sat at the piano nine hours.
I had a clock and would stop it when I went to the bathroom,
or the phone rang.
Nine hours I sat there and studied, and that was a good day.
It is hard to write about music in words. I would like to write about studying music but how to say in words, what I thought in tones? To a person who has never played piano it would be impossible, and that is basically everybody.
Rhythmic patterns, that one feels in ones stomach,
the sounds from a good piano, the tones, the vibrating strings, and the mixtures of sounds made when two or more strings are vibrating at the same time. It is interesting to hear just the cords,
two, three, four tones just listening to the intervals without any rhythm. Intervals, chords, scales, tonal patterns,
all the words that describe music just may be used to awaken interest or remembrance from one who knows music.
From one who does not, maybe, it would help me writing my book.
In the world there are just about as many pianists as there are coon hunters.
And not many of either.
I love both but how to write an interesting book,
well it is interesting to me,
but neither is interesting to anybody else, as coon hunters don’t read much and pianists don’t coon hunt! So why not!
It is again the attraction of opposites,
coon hunting and classical music.
What could be more opposite? Yin and yang, the poet warrior are good examples. The attraction of opposites is conceptually interesting but people who like one, rarely like the other. A true philosopher would,
but people, are on average just not that philosophical, and philosophers I have known actually are not all that philosophical.
I am interested in the concept of the philosophical opposites of coon hunting and classical music and so was Jerry Dean at the university of Texas.
Doctor Dean said so and used coon hunting to the class as a model of freedom, exercise, and such while he was describing how we needed to get out of doors and get some exercise. All of you people are over weight or underweight. He asked the class how many have gone coon hunting? I was the only one who raised my hand even though I had not ever had a good hound or hunted coon with one,
however I had trapped for 10 years and I knew what he was talking about.
The concept of opposites attracting,
is conceptually interesting to a philosopher.
The idea of a well rounded person must of necessity include opposites.
Mental, physical, violence, peacefulness, tonal beauty and bullets.
See if I could put this concept into a coherent form and publish it…
it is a great subject to write about…
and I could ramble on and on about it for hundreds of pages.
If… I could think of how to put the piano school thoughts into words. Tones-words. hmmm
This concept is a good one even though most people read shit. It is different!
The coon hunters need to be more intellectual and the classical pianists need to be more heathern.
Don’t they?
It could be fun!
It may be the subject that I alone of all the people on the earth could write about well. There is a little red neck in most people and a little philosopher too! A little musician, a little warrior,
farmer gardener, home brewer,
chef, hunter, weightlifter and runner,
a little writer,
the thing I am trying to do here is put together all the things I am interested in and know about.
Into some framework of order so that I can write about them,
publish a book and make a lot of money so I don’t have to work anymore.

Knife
Back to top Go down

Trappers Philosophy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
taxidermy & outdoors forum :: General talk :: General talk-
Jump to: